Let’s know about IELTS : The full form of IELTS is International English Language Testing System. In this exam there are four modules, the first one is IELTS Listening. In this section we have to listen different-different recording and answers the questions that asked in the booklet. So you have to listen carefully. In this article we share some important and impactful tips and tricks for IELTS Listening that really helps you to get 9 bands in your IELTS Exam.
Why we need tips and tricks for IELTS Listening?
It is very important for every person to know about the basics of listening. Tips and tricks are very helpful for everyone because it provide the right way to do listening fast and accurate.
Now look below the Tips for IELTS Listening :
In this article we share top 9 tips for IELTS Listeing.
- Read the Instructions very carefully.
Eg- Note the difference between : ” Write NO MORE THAN THREE WORDS and Write at least THREE WORDS “
- Try to Predict what is missing
Eg – a word, a place, a name or a number etc.
- Divide the questions into group’s by drawing a line after a particular set of questions.
This helps in avoiding any confusions and increases the concentration power of candidate.
- Always remember that anything said LOUD and CLEAR can be an answer but a whisper may not an answer.
- Look out for TRAPS – generalisation, change of mind or correction.
Eg – ” My phone number is 87340591,………. oh sorry I mean 95, to its 0595 at the end, not one “. The answer here would be 87340595
- Keep moving Forward –
Always look one or two questions ahead even if you have missed the answer to a question, admit it and move to the next one otherwise you may loose it too.
- Do not worry if you are unable to understand everything you hear. Listen Out for the keywords from the questions and focus on what you need.
- Calculation of numbers and words :-
- A date “1960” is considered on number
- A large number “10050000” is considered one word.
- A hyphenated word “part-time” is considered one word.
- A compound noun “tennis shoes” is considered two words.
- Check that all the answers are clear, understandable and in a legible handwriting.
So this is the top most valuable and easy tips and tricks for IELTS Listening which really helped you to get 9 bands in your IELTS Exam. So we suggest you to practice more and more these tricks and do some IELTS Listening practices test.
Check Latest IELTS Video On You Tube : https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfJOcNf6qFXrbv8HLafPTRA