In this new article we will discuss a latest IELTS Speaking Cue Card topic that is : describe a puppet show you have seen. We hope you will get good ideas from this article and perform well in your IELTS Exam.
Cue Card :Describe a Puppet Show you have seen.
Describe a puppet show you have seen.
You should say:
⦁ when did you see it
⦁ where did you see it
⦁ how did you like
- Puppetry is a form of theatre or performance that involves the manipulation of puppets-inanimate objects, often resembling some type of human or animal figure, that are animated or manipulated by a human called a puppeteer.
- In India puppet is commonly known as ‘ Kathputali’.I have seen a puppet show during my visit to Rajasthan.
- Puppets were carved from a piece of wood and covered with costumes in Rajasthani Style. The show that I have watched was based on a theme that is ‘Girl Education’.
- The puppets made were controlled by the people off-screen with the help of strings. Dialogue delivery was also done by the same people who were controlling the puppets and making them move.
- Through puppets and being uneducated themselves they conveyed beautiful and electrified manner that how important for a nation, for a society and for an individual to educate women.
- Puppets are included in the traditional art of India and dates back from 5th century BC.
- However, modern style puppet came into being now which has completely transformed the existence of puppetry not in India but throughout the world.
- Puppets are of varied kinds. There are human-arm puppets, hand puppets, glove puppets, light curtain puppet, finger puppet and many more.
- This art form is not getting much attention today, though many of the families especially in urban India making their ends meet through this art form only.
- This is the heritage of our country and I really Think along with the other necessary developments, there is a pressing need to look into this too.